Monday, August 25, 2008

Free At Last!

Remember that part in Nemo where he jumps all over his dad because he is so excited to start school? That was the scene at my house this morning at about 5 a.m.Yes, Kayela was a little bit excited for her first day of school. She woke everyone up with a different customized Kayela style sort of song and we couldn't help but wake up cheery. Needless to say we were ready in plenty of time to get out the door and to our designated spots on time.

Once we got to school she decided to go mute on me and wouldn't say a word to anyone. The teacher even asked me "is she comfortable with other kids?" to which I sarcastically remarked "she better be she has 5 brothers and sisters, although she is the youngest so I really wouldn't know..ha!" funny thing is the teacher then turned to kayela and said "do you have 5 brothers and sisters?" and Kayela shakes her head and says "no" hahaha! It was pretty funny I was looking at her like she was crazy so she told the teacher "I only have 3 sisters and 2 brothers" She was probably thinking my mom is lying to my teacher on my first day of school. That's the thinking of a 4 year old I guess, very literal.

When I picked her up she was sitting in her little circle of friends. She looked very mature with her hands folded nicely in her lap (why can't I get her to do that?) I thought they had a clown in visiting but it was just the afternoon teacher's helper. Really, he dresses like a clown and if I could have snapped a discrete picture I so would have just so i could post it to the blog!:)

So I am a free woman during the day now. I am only working Tuesdays and Thursdays so my Monday, Wednesday and Fridays are just for me...woohoo!




2 comments:

Tiffany Hunt said...

WOO HOO!!! Good girl Kayela. Your getting to be so grown up. Abby loves her new school to. Your both such big girls now, I can hardly believe how big your getting to be. Brianna is so jealous. She wants to go to school like all of you big kids do. I know your going to learn so much with your new teacher. Remember to be a good girl.
Love ya,
Aunt Tiff

EmmaLeigh said...

love ya mom your blog is so cool nick nick is such a Q.T.