Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tait Update
Here again, I sit with an update on our precious baby boy. Here again, I wish we were holding him in our arms. Here again, we are not.


Yesterday we had our presentation meeting with the caseworker. Basically she laid out his last two months of life for us and what her projected timeline of events will be for his next ...God only knows how long! Ya know, I think it is such a bunch of crap really. They are seriously in their own little m-f 8-5 work zones while we are trying to bring our babies home 24/7. At one point she said well his foster mom can have him until June 15Th and I'm really busy so I'm not sure when I can get him moved. I am clearly paraphrasing but that was the logistics of her words. Luckily the other caseworker found her to be just as insane as we did so she said she would be pushing for a faster move. We are to be hearing from her at some point today!


After our meeting we went and met him for the first time. He is tiny! He is weighing in at 8 Lbs. 11oz. We passed the poor guy around for over an hour kissing him and loving all over him before handing him back over. Now we wait some more. He was very mellow and didn't even fuss a bit, which will be a good thing because on most every day he will encounter a miracle if no one messes with him. EmmaLeigh kept petting his fuzzball head! At one point she said "I wish I had this stuff for a pillow" referring to his hair. The greatest part is that he has green eyes! He is going to be a knockout! He's full African American so the dark skin with the green eyes...to die for!


After we left my temporarily insane husband says "we need to have another baby" I think "huh? we haven't gotten home with this one yet!" but instead I say "why did you say that? I begged for 3 years to get you to agree on this one!" His response "we've got to end on an even number not only the number of kids, but the boys have almost caught up with the girls here. We can't have three boys and four girls, it will be much better with four and four!" I left it at that because I think he had a temporary laps in judgement and I am choosing not to hold that against him at this time.


Hopefully we will be living life with all seven kids by the weekend. I have to admit, this is slowly killing me and I am sure I've aged 10-15 years since we began the process. I'm pretty sure Josh just wants the baby home for the main reason of shutting me up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, you're kind of scaring me. It seems like we'll never get through the paperwork phase and then we have the next part to look forward to . Hopefully, things will go faster than you could possibly imagine.

Nanette said...

We will pray for speed! I am sure that you were all just sick to your stomach when you had to hand that little one back! How does he have green eyes if he is full African American??? The picture was adorable!