Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DON'T BOX ME IN!!!!

So, I'm in this new stage in life. It's called "don't box me in!"I've actually been in this stage for awhile now, but I'm just now willing to come out and share it with y'all!! Not that any of you who've watched me on Facebook, read my blog or lived life with me over the past year haven't noticed some of my new life changes. No, it's not like I was keeping some big secret...well maybe I have some secrets up my sleeve that I won't be sharing. Maybe they are really big and would make headline news and I might even be kicked out of the PTO and women's group at church if they were ever leaked. Maybe. But those aren't the ones I am talking about or sharing.

No, over the last year I've adopted this new philosophy that I will NOT be living my life according to someone else's plan. I will not do something because I am "supposed" to do it! I will not stop myself from doing something because it doesn't fit the mold that I am being squeezed (even suffocated) into. Nope. Can't make me! (this is what a 34 year old tantrum looks like). I'm just seriously over feeling like what I am doing with my life is either "right" or "wrong". Why can't what I am doing, just be what I am doing?

Now, I am well aware that I've never completely gone with the tide. No, I usually do tend to dance to my own beat, laugh a little bit longer and louder (usually at myself), stay out just a little to late, drive a little to fast (or fly low, whichever you'd prefer to call it), drink a little to much, get a little to confrontational and try just a little to many new things. So, you're thinking "what's different?" Give me a second, I'm getting to it!!!

I'm now reassessing my life. What exactly have I done that I didn't want to do? What am I not doing that I want to? Many things are popping into my head. Great things, fun things, exciting things. Y'all may not agree with me or the things I decide I will do or wont do. Many of you will never care to know. Most of you will not know. You'd be sorry you're missing out though! Hopefully some of you will want to join in my new fun life theory. Yes, I am a mom a wife and a friend. I will forever be those things; tattoos and all, fun and all. I just may not fit into the box you'd like me to be in. Hopefully you'll still love me! Maybe this is my mid-life crisis (hopefully I live longer than 70). I promise not to box you in either. Do what you want to do and be safe doing it!!!

AHHH...I feel better getting that off my chest, now I won't feel so bad when I see you shaking your head at me and I yell "what? STOP boxing me in!!" ...just sayin'

No comments: