Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall Parties

Have you ever tried being in four places at the same time? Well, I can officially say I have. Today four of the kids had their class parties. Luckily they somewhat overlapped starting at 1 going to 2:45. Mihyas was first but I actually didn't make it in time because I had a conference with Graysie's teacher. So, I started out in Graysies room where they played BINGO. Not just any BINGO either, it was "everyone wins at the same time" BINGO because the parent who planned the game didn't think to print out 22 different BINGO cards...hello! I was really just laughing inside because that so easily could have been me! Then, I joined Mikaels class outside in the grass where they were putting shortening and bird seeds on a pine cone to place on trees for the birds to indulge. Great idea! .....did you know what a mess shortening and birdseed can be on wood floors? I do! Then I headed to Kaidon's class where they were just getting started on things. The theme of this party was "let's see how much sugar we can get them to eat in 45 min." really not the class to do this with! He has 16 boys, 5 girls in his class. I am not thinking we need MORE energy in one room! It was pretty nutty! I took some pictures and as I was doing it I even had one mom say "oh, you are so good I barely ever take pictures!" I didn't really share that IT'S ALL FOR MY BLOG ADDICTION!


OK, so take a good look at Mikael. See how he is wearing a coat? It is actually Graysie's cheer leading coat!! Yes, the sleeve says "All American Girl" and the back says "Cheer" in huge letters. This morning I left early and Josh took the kids to school and had a conference. Well, I had dressed the kids in their Halloween party shirts and left (yes, Josh did do the girls hair take a look at Grays, he does a pretty good job too!). Well, when I went out to take a picture of him at the party I was looking for him and it took me awhile to actually spot him. Once I did you can imagine how horrified I was! Seriously, we have had battles for the last week on Mikael not wanting to wear a coat. He keeps saying "I'm not cold" and I keep going "OK, doesn't sound like a good choice to me but whatever!" well yesterday his teacher even asked me about why he hasn't been wearing a coat in 40 degree weather and I told her "I guess if he gets cold enough he will get one but he is refusing to wear one!" So, as you can imagine I was a little irritated that today, when it is 70 degrees out, he chooses not only to wear one but to wear his sisters! Why does that make sense? Well I asked Mikael and he said "It was on my hook" like I am some sort of idiot! Anyway, tomorrow I am going to put one of the girls purple or pink coats on his hook just to see if he wears it. (pictures to follow)

No comments: