Thursday, October 9, 2008

Non-stop!
I haven't updated in awhile because our lives have just been crazy. I think it is my normal state of mind but I feel better if I say it's "been crazy". As if there will be some miraculous change where my life with 6 kids could someday not be crazy! I think we are on our game the most when things are just a little nutty around here. Each time things slow down we bring on a new challenge and when that feels "normal" we go ahead and add another one. We must thrive with change!

Here is our life in pictures:



We took the kids to the circus last Thursday night. We go about every other year and I always wonder before we get there "why don't we do this every time the circus comes to town?" and then the show starts! I never really enjoy it much and I end up feeling really bad for all the caged animals. The picketers were outside when we got there and I actually was irritated that these people had nothing better to do but stand out here opposing the circus. One handed Graysie a flyer and hysterically enough she handed it right back saying "no thank you!" she obviously didn't know what it was but I was pretty humored by it. After the show however, I felt like I should join the picket lines for the next time the circus comes to town! I don't have enough time on my hands to start being a circus animal activist but I don't think we'll be going to the circus anytime soon...it is really sad.

On Saturday night I took EmmaLeigh to the Rapids game. We had so much fun! Her whole team went and bonded off the field for the first time. Emma is really funny though because she is like her dad when it comes to fashion so she was irritated when her coach had them wear their uniforms because she wanted to see her teammates in "street" clothes. I had to laugh to myself. Her babysitting is really paying off because she bought herself a Rapids t-shirt and hat. I love seeing how proud she is when she purchases things with her own money.


Sunday my brother and sister in-law took the kids to the zoo and to see a movie. They have two sweet boys who LOVE their cousins and of-course the kids LOVE them back! I heard they were good but I really didn't care because Josh and I were out of there! We went to Keystone on business but left early in the day so we could have a few hours before our events began to spend some time together. We had breakfast and lunch together alone and it was really good to unwind and catch up. We had a few good laughs...mostly on my behalf but that's typical. (Josh really only laughs when someone else is making an idiot out of themselves!) Our business stuff went well too and we had a ton of fun with all of our agents.
Josh actually was bribed into singing karaoke ($100 for KW Cares) here is proof.



Funny how he will sing in front of 3000 people at church but hates doing karaoke in front of a bunch of drunk people who wont remember anyway! He says the fun in karaoke is when people really suck (I have to agree I did laugh a lot!).

Josh got to cross another thing off his "bucket list". Andy Andrews, an author and motivational speaker, spoke to our agents. Josh had the privilege of taking him back to the airport and spent 2 hours alone in the car with him. Sounds kind of funny to say out loud but he was thrilled! He got to talk to him and connect on a personal level so he was really on cloud nine. One of Josh's dreams in life is to get on the speaking circuit to change people's lives in a positive direction so I can only imagine how fulfilling it was for him to be one on one with someone who is where he wants to be. WOW! If you don't know who Andy Andrews is, you have to read his book "The Seven Decisions" it will change you!

Oh! By the way, I survived my boot camp! Now, I can't say I really enjoyed every minute of it but I do feel so much better and have so much more energy. I lost 2 lbs. and 3 inches (a measly amount compared to some) so it is a great jump start. Be glad I don't have before and after pictures...ha!

Well duty calls....I'm back in the saddle again!






No comments: