Saturday, October 18, 2008

Playing Favorites?
I haven't mentioned that on Thursday EmmaLeigh left for a vacation with my brother and his family. They went to Florida for 10 days of pure beach fun! Emma was so excited she could hardly stand herself! My brother has two little boys(3 and 2) and their friends who are on the trip also have one little guy(4) who they thought would all benefit from some of Emma's "babysitter magic". They rented a beach house that also has a pool and they are eating up the sun! I am not so convinced that they "needed" Emma's help as much as I think they just really wanted her to go along. Ya see, it's funny how everyone has their "unspoken" favorites when it comes to our kids. Kaidon and my dad are hunting buddies, Mihya is the favorite of one of our closest friends (she can do no wrong in their eyes), Aunt Tiffany thinks Mikael is the best looking, Sharon from the office thinks Kayela is just adorable, all the teacher's at school think Graysie is a "rock star", and obviously Uncie and Auntie ADORE Emma! I guess when you have six, people don't feel as bad playing favorites. Josh and I don't mind either we always tell people our favorite is the one listening at the time...some time's that would be none of them. No, really I like that each of our kids have someone they know thinks they are perfect besides us. Their is something about being loved and appreciated by somebody who isn't obligated to do so. Now, I must admit as much as I wanted Emma to go and be spoiled rotten by Uncie and Auntie I was a little nervous. I think I reminded my sister-in-law about a million times that as mature as Emma is she is still only 10! When Emma called to check in last night she told us she had been stung by a jellyfish which I was fine with but flashes of her in the ocean sent major panic throughout my body. I proceeded to ramble on and on to her about ocean safety and it started with "only go in the water up to your waste...no, no, wait make sure it's only up to your knee so when the wave comes it isn't to deep blah blah blah" Yes, I knew before she went she would be in the ocean but for some reason with her there and out of my control I am stressing out, counting the days for her return. This is one of the things that I am sure she will always remember. I told my brother he owed me big for taking away my biggest help, he told me he'd return the favor by giving me his two kids for our next trip...Wow, what a giver!

3 comments:

Nanette said...

When a child leaves you it gives you a jolt of what is really to come. I know exactly how you feel with Lindsey all the way over there and me not being able to make her a meal or give her medicine when she is sick. You never stop being their mom! You need to write a book! xo

Tiffany Hunt said...

Now that is just not true! I do not have favorites. I lo e each and every one of your kids for their own special abilities and personalities. Emma & I are probably closest because she and I have spent more one on one time, but I think they are all fantastic kids. Emma is funny and spunky, Mihya is sweet and helpful, Kaidon is cool and a great listener, Graysie is Silly and comical, Mikael is inquisitive and thoughtful, and Kayela is playful and light hearted. I ove to be around them all and only wish I saw them all more than I do. Like when they were little. :)

Ali said...

We are taking great care of Emma and our trip would not be the same without her. She is truly amazing with the boys and loves to hang out after they go to bed. We have taught her new card games, competitive gaming, crabbing and fishing in the ocean (where she is only waist deep), go-cart racing and skydiving.

We are having a great time and look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Love,

Uncie, Auntie, Emma, Turner, Wyatt, Ray, Karin, Keegan and Dre

P.S. JK about the skydiving

**We want her on the next vacay**