Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who's The Fairest Of Them All?
Loni has finally reached a whole 2 Lbs. It has taken her about a year but she finally succeeded although it is not as if she was lacking power in our household.

Loni is Princess Mihya's dog and is a teacup chihuahua. Although Josh and I had always had Great Danes Mihya desperately loved small pets. She begged us for every creepy crawly thing that she saw and knowing her personality we just kept saying "you can have one when you have your own house" and the hysterical thing about it, is that she would get all excited planning what pet she would get the day she closed on her first home. Worked until...Kaidon brought home a hamster. I hated that thing I am confident it was out to get me! It's name was Teddy and Teddy was a little Houdini! Yes, I duct taped his stupid cage and yet he'd still escape and always ended up at my feet! I'd get up in the middle of the night to turn someones light off for the umpteenth time and who would crawl across my feet? Yep that psychotic monster, Teddy. Kaidon wouldn't even pick the thing up so I found myself having to ask our neighbor to come hold it while I could clean the cage. When it got out at 2 am I'd sit up on watch until I could call the neighbor boy to put it back in it's cage. We had a HATE HATE HATE relationship that Teddy and I...until...one day Mihya came down holding Teddy and loving all over him/her/it. Yes, she fell in love with that thing and carried it everywhere with her. Then Teddy wasn't so bad to me, I could clean it's cage, had an in house search and rescuer, and I even got to stop feeding the thing because Mihya was a great caregiver. It really surprised us all! Mihya is drama and girly through and through so I didn't think she would ever touch a creepy crawly thing. Well, (there's always drama in a love story) when we were moving into this house from our last house we had a full load going over and the last thing in the house was Teddy. I told Mihya we'd come back for Teddy but that it wasn't safe to have him/her/it crammed into the car it could get hurt (really I was thinking "what if that thing gets out and is crawling all over the car while I am driving?"). She agreed and once we unloaded the car we all got preoccupied with dinner and bedtime. At about 10 p.m. Mihya remembered Teddy and wanted to go right then to get it. I talked her out of it and told her "I PROMISE (very bad key word here. Mommy lesson I can pass on to you all "don't ever promise something you can't control")Teddy will be OK and we can get it in the morning" The next day we went over and Teddy was moving a little slow and Mihya reached in his/her/it's cage picked Teddy up and it died right in her hands! UGGGHHH! Mihya was crying hysterically and of course yelling "you promised!" and I was looking at Josh yelling " I PROMISED!" It was a very tough life lesson for us both! From there Mihya's luck went from bad to worse she got a guinea pig that died once she bonded to it and we got her a chihuahua thinking it was heartier and she had begged for one for such a long time anyway so we gave in only to have it die after a couple of months of a neurological disorder! What trauma for a princess who is emotionally unstable anyway! When the chihuahua died the breeder told us to bring her back in a box and we could trade it out (ouch...tough business!) and in our house came princess Loni!

They say personality traits of a Chihuahua owner is that they are selfish, princess like, etc. Which is very fitting for Princess Mihya... that is what she has told us to call her since she uttered her first words! Seriously, she wore a tiara to her first and second birthday parties and she had no hair! When we go to Disney World she insists on sitting in the front row for all the parades so the characters can see her! Loni is definitely that way too, at just 2 LBS. this is what it looks like at the food bowl.
The good thing is that Mihya and Loni are absolutely in love with each other. Otherwise, we'd have these two little princesses fighting for the power!

No comments: