Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Packing AND Packing
Well pretty much all I have been doing lately is packing. Do you realize how much I hate the packing part? I actually LOVE the unpacking but the packing is really not one of the things on my "favorite things to do" list!

You see, when I pack my house up I feel like I need to have everything totally clean as I put them in the box. This means I either need to wipe them down with hot water and Lysol or I need a duster with Pledge on it. Needless to say this is a very time consuming process, but in order for me to feel like I am getting a "fresh start" in the new house I have to do this or I am absolutely crazed by it. Even worse if I pack a box and tape it shut and put it in the pile with the other boxes and then minutes or even days down the line I realize I left out a piece or part (typically with the kids toys or games) I search forever trying to find the exact box to put it in. Drives me crazy! So, I hate packing!

I have also been dreading the packing for the trip, but am going to have to start here soon since we leave in 2 days. The part of packing for trips that I hate is the laundry! Oh, what a pain. I want to have everything clean and put away before I start the packing process. That way I can pack faster and I am not frustrated when I need something and can't find it. Plus I want everything put away and perfect when we get home because you have no idea how much dirty laundry we can accumulate when gone for days on end. That also means a day full of doing laundry and swearing under my breath when someone puts an article of clothing on that I wanted to have with us on the trip. Drives me crazy! So, I hate packing!

OR maybe, just maybe (hate to admit this) it may just be the way I pack that DRIVES ME CRAZY?!?

1 comment:

Nanette said...

There are people out there who are trained to help those with OCD!!!