Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Nanny Diaries
We have found our new nanny! I really wasn't looking for a nanny considering that all of the kids except for Tait will be in school starting in the Fall but this guy kind of just fell in our laps. In the past we have typically had a nanny or AuPair, but I really felt like it was necessary with the amount of kids we have. I have always stayed at home but, again, with the amount of kids it was always nice to have the extra hands. Our family really cherishes our nannies and we feel like they are a part of our family. "Grandma Kathy" we had for several years and she was an amazing asset to our family dynamic. Having raised three children of her own, she really could be a step ahead of me most days. Zona, our AuPair from South Africa, was adorable and sweet and really became "friends" with our kiddos. She taught them to speak in her native tongue (they would make fun of Josh and I, I'm convinced of that although they say they weren't...hmmmm?). It feels a little silly to have found a new nanny now that I am through the toddler years with the majority of the kids but this guy came in and just took over and he works for very cheap which is always a good thing!


Let me tell you about him. He is much different than our previous nannies. Yes, for starters he is a MALE! (I never thought I would have a male nanny and he is VERY adorable) He was born and raised right here in Colorado and likes the outdoors with his family but doesn't prefer to go solo outside. He's somewhat lazy but it doesn't really bother me because Tait is so young he's been sleeping when Tait naps and it saves me from "entertaining" him. I've taken several pictures of him in action...HE'S AMAZING!
supervising tummy time:

To ensure Tait is getting in a full nap he prefers to hold him while he sleeps

He is very particular about prewashing each bottle

Proper head support is a high priority of his



When Tait is content in his swing our new nanny is still very cautious to not leave him unattended




He was thinking Tait felt a little warm and although a male, he still has a "motherly" side don't you think?



So, like I said before, I really wasn't in the market for a new nanny. P.D. clearly thinks that we cannot handle Tait on our own though so he has taken him on as his personal responsibility. He is absolutely sweet to him and very concerned with his well being. When Tait cries P.D. comes racing to us (like we can't hear), when Tait naps P.D. naps right next to him, and when we are holding Tait he "supervises". Hey, for a warm bed and a couple of bowls of food each day...he's the best bargain we've ever gotten!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

That is so awesome! They both look very happy and content. I bet you are having so much fun. I am jealous!

Salina said...

haha...I totally thought you hired a nanny!! Even when I looked at the first picture, I thought, I don't see the nanny?!?! What is she talking about she hired a male nanny?!?!