Saturday, January 16, 2010

Court Update
Well today was the last court date for Tait. It is a really bittersweet day for us and our family. The good news is that we still have one more week with our sweet guy, the bad news is that we only get one more week with our sweet guy.

Funny, thinking about court today I was conjuring up all the scenarios that could happen. I was thinking it could be as soon as this evening that they would want him transitioned back home. The thought of that totally stressed me out. Not only is this going to be tough enough but Emma had left directly after school for a weekend retreat and I was sick thinking that she might not get to say goodbye to Tait. So, when I got the call announcing that he was staying until next Friday, I was so thrilled. Strange how much your perspective can change isn't it? When we were first told that it was not looking good for us, it was complete devastation. The attorneys projection of a couple months seemed so daunting and horrifying. I was not sure how we were going to survive this. Now, here we are at the end of the road and I am so grateful that we get a week.

One more week. One more week of wet kisses and a dimpled smile. Yeah for one more week!


No comments: