Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Going to the Highest Bidder!
Change is just something we do. I think we probably change more than all our friends combined, and yet, I don't really feel like I'm living in a constant state of confusion. Not sure I should admit that, or if I need to seek some professional help?Either way, we are staying true to ourselves and gearing up for some huge changes in 2010!

When I say huge, I really, really mean huge! Even with Tait aside their are some major changes coming our way. The biggest change is that we are moving. No, not across the street either. We are moving across the country...literally! We are just fifteen days away from pulling out of Colorado and pulling into South Carolina. Can you believe that? I've NEVER lived anywhere else and yet we are moving ourselves and six kids 1,647 miles away. Can you just already imagine the blog posts I am going to have in store for you? This is going to be the adventure of a lifetime and I am going to have a blast keeping all of you updated.

As you all know, Josh never does anything typical. So, when we decided to move and started talking about the actual "move" part, Josh thought that it would be best if we sold the things we have grown tired of or that are just plain worn out after fourteen years of marriage. Now, honestly you have to know, I agreed! Let me make myself clear though, MY idea of "grown tired of" or "worn out" is much, much different than Josh's is. I thought "OK, our couch is 10 years old and has dealt with seven kids, three dogs and two crazy adults....it's probably time to retire the couch". I might have thought about one or two more items but not much more than that (our furnishings for the most part are all within a few years old). Josh, on the other hand, was not thinking "what should we sell?", but instead he was thinking "what should we keep?". He placed our couch and the pool table (since there are no basements in South Carolina, and I was NOT agreeing to a pool table in the dining room) on craigslist and that is where his addiction began!

Once he sold both of those items he turned into a crazed auctioneer. Not joking! Actually, as the guys who bought the pool table were loading it on their trailer Josh is pointing to the pictures on my walls saying "you can have that for $150" I'm thinking "what? they can?" and ironically they bought two of them! People would come for an item and decide against it and yet Josh wouldn't let them leave without buying something! "Don't want that? maybe this is more of what you're looking for?". One early morning he had some people come and buy the boys bedroom furniture, as they were talking they mentioned they wanted a desk too. Josh paraded them through Emma's room and in the end our poor daughter woke up to men carrying her desk out of her room!

I have to admit, I have a large chunk of change to put towards furnishing the new house and I have a lot less to pack and move across the country, so it's not all bad....I just fear he can't be stopped. What's his next item up for grabs? Please, If you see ME for sale on craigslist, at least be sure I am going for a good price. After all I think I am one of the more patient wives around!


1 comment:

Nanette said...

Ya'all gonna need some therapy after this!