Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hero

Well today was the last day of the school year. Another one bites the dust! It was filled with the anticipation much like the first day. Anticipation of change and transition and new and the unknown. Anticipation for everything relaxed and fun and warm in our new city and life. Today is a good day for this mama and for her big stinky kids who just wanna find adventure.

Today was also a very special day because Mihya has been working on a secret project. A project she has put her heart into and stressed over finding the perfect words. A project she has diligently thought about and labored over because it was that important to her. A project she was assigned and in a matter of an instant knew the perfect recipient. Today Mihya gave her "everyday hero" presentation to her peers and to her peers hero's. Today Mihya stood with pride when she introduced her new friends to her everyday hero that she cherishes and watches and mimics each day of her little life. Her hero was unsuspecting. Her hero thought she was going to watch one of her baby sisters graduate from the third grade. Her hero was honored and surprised when she found out their would be a celebration in her honor. I'm predicting this hero will have many celebrations honoring who she is as a person, because she's just that special and she has a way of making every one else who surrounds her feel like they are important.

Here are a few things Mihya had to say about her hero:

My hero is in my everyday life. My hero is a real friend who tells you what is right and what is wrong. My hero is faithful. My hero is always honest. My hero is respectful to others and caring. My hero is loving and is always their for you. My hero is bold and helps me through my big problems. My hero is hardworking and she's a miracle!

I'm pretty confident that Mihya found the perfect words to describe her hero, EmmaLeigh! I am so proud of my girl Mihya who didn't have to pick someone who is rich and famous or sings her favorite song, but instead picked someone who really has meaning in her life!

You two girls make this mama proud and I'm honored to be in the front row of your show!

3 comments:

Nanette said...

Best story ever! I knew right away as the story was progressing that she would pick her. This is your "payback" for being great parents!!!! So proud! I am in tears!!!

Grandy said...

I may not be in the first row, but I'm sure glad I get to be in the audience. I'm very proud of you girls and I tell anyone who'll listen. I love you both tons!

Grandy

Anonymous said...

Love your blog....please say "hi" to EmmaLeigh! Diane Baker