Thursday, August 26, 2010

PUtTinG My neCk OUt ThEre!
So, I'm doing something really nutty.
I'm doing something that I never in a million years would have seen myself doing.
I'm doing something so outrageously out of character that I may even shock all of you!

I'm going on a trip.......ALONE!

Ok, so I wont end up alone but I am packing up, leaving my family and then meeting up with a slew of other moms who I've never physically met. Go ahead and reread that last line. Yes, you are understanding me right, I have never met any of these women (ok, so I know one of them but not real well and not until I moved did we know we had such a big part of our lives in common) and I am going to go spend 4 days with them. It all started last year and you can read all about their story here but being that I am so totally jealous I wasn't part of the "original Orlando RAD moms club", I am not going to dwell on last year. I can play that bratty kid role well and I know that all these moms can handle it too, considering what they are dealing with on a daily basis! Although, as much as I am planning on holding a grudge, I am just way too excited to be able to pull that one off!

Anyway, in March (just 189 days, 4,536 hours,a little over 6 months, 27 weekends, or however you choose to see it) I will be meeting up with a circle of moms from all over the U.S. We are meeting in Orlando, very little of us know each other or anything about one another. We found each other through our blogs or you tube videos and what we do know is that we GET IT, which is invaluable in this fight we are fighting. Most of us have RAD kids and as much as we appreciate and love our everyday friends and family, their is nothing like looking at someone in the eyes who knows exactly what you are going through. Who doesn't judge us for our words or actions but respects us for continuing to keep our heads above water and not fleeing from our duties. Who, when you say "ugghhhh, this person criticized me to my face like I am the crazy one!" look at you and say "They just don't know like we know!" It's going to be refreshing, It's going to be uplifting and I am going to leave knowing that on my hard days when even my closest friends don't have any words of comfort for me, that these moms will! I'm looking so forward to it that I can hardly stand myself!

I will leave my house, after packing just one suitcase. Drive down to Orlando, where I am meeting up with these mammas. Stay for four nights in a Villa we rented where we will eat, drink and talk, talk, talk and talk. Get back in my car and drive back home. On the surface it doesn't sound like much, but I am sure it will be a life changer for me! Plus, doesn't it just seem like a big 'ole sorority? I mean c'mon, two houses full of women who have nothing in common but three little letters! That is a sorority if I have ever heard a sorority described! Hmmmm....that makes me think I need to make up some t-shirts.....how sad, these poor women have no idea who they are dealing with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, we are going to HAVE t-shirts, I just haven't announced it yet...

xoxo
Corey

Megan said...

Guess what! I'm your roommate for Orlando!!!!