Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Breathing Again!
Well we are in and settled and loving the new house. The kids are loving all the wide open spaces and Josh and I are loving that they are loving the wide open spaces! They are only coming in for the bathroom and food and actually I am not going to guarantee the boys are coming in for the bathroom 100% of the time....hmmmm! Either that or they are just totally dehydrated!

It is going to take some getting used to living out here on 2 acres, so much is absolutely different than neighborhood living. I am sure most of the neighbors know we are total city slickers!

Things we have found out about "country living" in just two weeks:

  • You must always look presentable because it is a definite that someone WILL be stopping by
  • Your business is everyone else's business whether you know it or like it or not
  • The mayor is serious about his job
  • No one knows street names they know your home by it's location (we are the pond house)
  • Have your hand accessible at all times while driving it's the law to wave at people while passing them on the road, if you don't they know your an "outsider".
  • You can dress up the kids but they inevitably will end up with mud caked shoes, so just start them out in them and save yourself some headache
  • Coyotes are loud creatures and if you choose to leave your windows open at night so you can listen to their beautiful sounds you will be woken up every hour on the hour wishing they'd just shut up!
  • I now know the true meaning of "mud room" because the kids bring in more unidentifiable things than you can imagine
  • When the kids go to see if the neighbors can play I don't need to panic if I don't see them in 5 minutes, I need to worry after about a half hour.
  • Survivor may be a harder game for me to play than I thought because I am a spaz about moving objects in the middle of a field

So far, we are just loving our new home and can't wait for summer BBQ's! I'm sure living on the land will give me many adventures to blog about.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Yep, I can just picture all you girls in your dresses and aprons collecting eggs in the coop! Josh and the boys will be out harvesting and tending to the cattle! Livin off the land huh? I guess I could get use to your lifestyle! Glad to have you back at your blog! I missed you!