Monday, April 27, 2009

Good Belly Laughing!
We've been in "survival mode" Yes, with all six kids home for spring break and still two weeks to go, soccer, Josh out of town all last week on business and leaving Wednesday for another trip, soccer practice,the septic backing up, the snow storm losing us power for 3 whole days which means our well doesn't pump leaving us without electricity or water (you know you're a redneck when....), soccer emails, preparing oodles of paper work for a baby that seems to not be showing up anytime soon, soccer games,and.....well need I go on? We've just not had any good belly laughs lately and today we dodged the bullet of another day passing without a moment of silence due to hysterical laughter by "The Hunt Clan".

It was just after lunch and I had put Kayela in her room to take a rest (yes, I acknowledge she is five and starting Kindergarten in the Fall, but give me a break people I need just a couple of hours each day without the word factory following me around). Graysie needed something out of there and so she went in and when she came out she walked to me in the kitchen with a puzzled look on her face. I asked her what was up and she said "Kayela said I have a spider on my hoodie....do I?" and she turned her back to me. I check her out even turning her hood inside out while she tells me "Kayela was smiling so I don't believe her" trying to be sure that my five year old understands that she cannot tease her sister like this I holler "Kayela come here!" as Graysie turns around to face me again when I see this GIANT (giant is a relative word here) white spider crawling up the string of her hoodie!! I think Graysie saw the surprise in my eyes and starts making this obnoxious moaning sound "uuuuaaaauuuuaaaa" while brushing her hand everywhere..... but at the spider. Being the brave soul that I am I say "brush it off Graysie.....brush it off Graysie...brush it off Graysie...brush it off Graysie...brush it off Graysie!" as I am walking, very quickly, away from her. The spider just continues walking up her drawstring towards her neck and kids start quietly piling into the kitchen to see what all the commotion is about. When out of Graysies mouth comes "MOMMY....HELP ME, MOMMY!" Which is the very moment I realize I've been running from my child who is being attacked by a spider, and the same moment the "mama bear" comes out in me (if it were a movie they'd be playing the "Indiana Jones" type hero song at this moment). I race towards her just as the spider is creeping into her sweatshirt and swat it away.....PHEW we are safe.....shrieks of gratefulness comes from Graysie and the kids cheer.....but wait where is the spider? OH GOD! when I yell "HELP ME GRAYSIE, WHERE IS THE SPIDER?" The kids run from me just as I had done to Graysie earlier while I am in panic mode looking for the ugly white beast! Moments later we find him all shriveled up on the floor (guess my swat was powerful), and we all look at each other and fall to the ground in a heap, laughing so hard tears were streaming down our faces. Had anyone walked in they would have turned right around at the sight of us. We sounded like a pack of wild hyenas! The kids all kept doing instant replays of the whole ordeal which made the situation that much funnier!

I love the sound of laughter in our home!

1 comment:

Nanette said...

O-K, I figured it out. We need to contact a network to have a camera crew follow you around. Forget John and Kate! You guys would be lots more fun! Shoot, could you just have Josh put cameras up in all the rooms so you can continue to enterain us???xo