Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Phase II


I've now entered phase 2 of parenting. It's kind of like entering the twilight zone but a whole lot more scary, filled with much less predictable endings.


It all pretty much happened at the same time that we moved to SC. We lost our precious baby boy, and Kayela went from half days to full days. I am now being left for hours on end with no supervision kids to tote around. Something about the move also made everyone pull together and grow up much more quickly than I anticipated. It's so funny because I feel like my days are long and yet my years are short. Does that make sense at all? These kids are in routines and have spread their wings and I am left wondering where my screaming bipolar toddlers chubby dimpled hand toddlers are. I am realizing we are in Phase 2 of this whole parenting timeline. No more are the days when at the end I am still un-showered wondering where the time went and why my "to do" list has only gotten longer. I am liking this phase, it's just crazy how fast it has snuck up on me and I wish I could have told my phase 1 self to relax a little more and enjoy the chaos of it all.


Now that I've officially crossed into this new phase riddled with lots of down time followed up by too much togetherness, I need something to do! I need to read a good book that doesn't have anything to do with potty training, speech development and parenting the RAD child. I am a picky reader though so I like real life. I don't like romance (I have all the romance one girl needs at this point…puke…but true!) I could use a little self help I'm sure, but I live with the all time motivator of life so I'm pretty fulfilled there. I need a book I can sink into and devour and feel rejuvenated after reading it….and then I'll need another and another and another….you get the point right? So, please send me your book ideas. I don't care if you send them via facebook, or blog commenting or email or phone call…I'm just desperate and I need a few good books! If your grandmother sent you a book that you aren't going to have time to read give me the title I'll read it for you and give you an overview so you can thank her….at this point I am open to pretty much anything! Just get me a good book!


Until then, I will be wandering aimlessly throughout my house pretending like I have enough to do to keep me out of trouble occupied for 9 hours a day/5 days a week. OR…you can find me on facebook!


2 comments:

KR said...

Have you tried Jodi Picoult books? I love them all! Easy reads and you don't have to think:)

Salina said...

A few of my favorites:
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (classic)
Phillipa Gregory's books: The Tudor Series (historical fiction)
The Eight (mystery)
Octavia Butler's Parable Series and Lilith's Brood series (Science Fiction/Utopia)
Sooky Stackhouse Series (adult Twilight) (cheap thrill)
Jodie Picoult books (My Sister's Keeper is a great first book) (drama)
Lisa See's books (Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Peony in Love, Shanghai Girls) (cultural)
The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns (cultural)