Tuesday, September 2, 2008


Let the Good Times Roll

This school year has been so eye opening for Josh and I concerning EmmaLeigh. We've realized that she is becoming her own person. Not that she is changing who she is, just changing her priorities a bit. The girls in her class think they need to be on each others social calendars every waking moment. For instance, Emma got out of school on Friday totally excited she proceeded to inform Josh and I that since her, Madison, and Bella weren't going anywhere for the weekend that she'd like to have them go with her to Washington D.C.(what???yeah we'll just run on up their on that small trek from Colorado) yes, i did refrain from laughing and told her it was just not enough notice but it was a great thought! ha! Last weekend her friend Emily had a "summer party" and Saturday night Emma had a "non-slumber" party. She had asked me if she could have a few friends spend the night and I flippantly replied(forgetting i was talking to "D.C. girl") "I'd rather you have 10 friends come for the evening than 1 friend spend the night" I just HATE sleep overs! I know I am so not fun but all of our family members suffer when one of us has not had our beauty rest:) So, needless to say Emma took me up on my "offer" and invited some girlfriends over for some fun. They really are such a good group of girls. They had fun swimming, eating pizza, playing clue, dark hide and seek (i am sure my neighbors appreciated all the high pitched girl screaming at 9:30 p.m.) and just hanging out being girls. All in all it wasn't bad they were all on their way by 10:30 and we got plenty of sleep so we could enjoy our day Sunday. Enjoy the pictures and congratulate me for dodging the slumber party bullet one more time!




3 comments:

Salina said...

To add a counter...
Go to statcounter.com, sign up and follow the directions (you can click on my counter and it will take you there). I think Statcounter will have directions on how to put it into your blog. In case they don't:
Go to your blog and go to the Dashboard and click on Layout. Click on Add a Gadget and select Java/HTML code (this is the gadget that you can add lots of fun widgets/toys to your blog).
Copy the code from statcounter and put it in the 'gadget' window under content.
Save.
Go to statcounter.com to see your stats...pretty neat!

Salina said...

I loved slumber parties when I was younger...you're a great mom for doing that! I bet it's a lot of work.

Yay, now you have a counter. It's a little hard to read with the dark green and black writing....maybe neon green or white writing will be easier to read since I like the dark green background.

Nanette said...

I love reading your blog almost everyday. I wish they would have had this when my kiddies were little. Give the kids a hug...and Josh too if you want to! xo