Friday, November 14, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside!


Can you believe it is November 14th and we are just now getting our first snow? I can't remember when the last time was that we didn't have snow on Halloween let alone midway through November! Snow and I have a love/hate relationship. I love it when I am looking at it but hate it when I am out in it.


I really didn't pay any attention to Josh this morning when he said it had snowed either. The girls for the past week have been teasing each other every morning when they wake up by saying "it snowed!" then the other girls will go "no" and look and find out they'd been had. So today I thought Josh was just playing along until he called the house to let me know he scraped the van windows. (The only time I hate having 3 cars is in the winter when I need to drive the one outside with snow all over it, ha!) So, it really has snowed and I have proof.


Emma was thrilled to see that it had snowed because she has been dying to use her ski pass. She keeps asking "when can I go skiing?" and we keep telling her (big red truck) "well.... honey....when their is actually SNOW on the ground." We'll be making a phone call to Grampy today I am sure. He is the crazy one who got a ski pass too so he could take her. What a good Grampy!

As for me? I will be cuddled by the fireplace with a good book and hot cocoa forgetting for a moment that I have six kids who are counting on clean laundry and a good meal.


No comments: