Wednesday, December 3, 2008

All or Nothin'
My life is a little chaotic just simply being married to Josh without throwing in the small details of six kids, three dogs and suburban life. From the time I can remember Josh has been an "all or Nothin'" kind of guy. Really! Just a few stories that maybe some of you have heard me tell but maybe most of you have not.

One early on in our marriage was when I had just had EmmaLeigh and had decided to stay home with her. Josh was working as a manager at a department store and going to real estate school. The day he passed his test guess what this all or nothing kind of guy did?...yep he quit his job! Now, we have a new baby, no savings and no jobs. I was terrified. He clearly made it work beyond our wildest dreams and we can laugh now but it was absolutely a shocker to me at the time. His thought was if the real estate thing was going to work he needed time to work it! All or Nothin'!

A few year's later we have Kaidon who was going to be starting on baby food. I sent Josh into the grocery store for some jars of food and no joke he comes out with two grocery carts full of jar food. Do you know how many 2 oz. jars can fit into a grocery cart? I force fed the kid as often as possible. Let me tell you, I had baby food clear through Mihya and Graysie and even handed them down to friends. It was all or nothin'!

Kaidon wasn't growing and our pediatrician recommended that he start drinking some high calorie drinks and eating higher fatty foods. Well Josh had been the one to take him to the appointment so of course he left the doctors office and went straight to the store. When he got home he filled our pantry (which didn't technically have much room with the baby food taking up all the space) and every space on our counters in the kitchen with Gatorade! All or Nothin'!

We had hired a new cleaning lady who required us to provide the supplies and I sent Josh to the store (by this time I know you're thinking "quit sending him to the store for God's sake!") when he got home our maid, Marta, was already at the house. Josh loaded in all the supplies onto our kitchen island and asked Marta "Is this OK?" Her broken English reply was "oh, yes, next two years you not need to buy more" All or Nothin'!

So, with all of that said I should have known better than to ask Josh to help Kaidon with his school project. The assignment was to make a simple machine (simple being the key word here!). Then the kids have to do a commercial to show off their machines. I am not sure that Mrs. Perea will like us anymore after this one. Kaidon now has a giant bubble blower! (giant being the key word here) yes, he hooks a fan up and turns it on, then pulls the string through this contraption up and back down very quickly, and walla you have an enormous bubble! We filled a 2 quart pitcher with bubble solution that took literally every bottle of dish soap and shampoo in my house. I am not exaggerating when I say these bubbles are like 2 feet in diameter. It is hysterical!!! The project is due tomorrow but Josh had to deliver the thing today because it is so extreme!(the other kids are doing sling shots, teeter totters out of Lego's...ya know SIMPLE!) All I can say is that hopefully the teacher's, unlike me, realize that if they have a Hunt in their class that they make the requirements VERY specific!

2 comments:

marcia said...

Ambyr, I agree 100%; just wish I'd read yesterday's entry before Joshua and I went to Walmart today!

We had to buy candy for 3 gingerbread houses: Josh grabbed 3 bags of every imaginable candy (sometimes 6 bags...those must be personal favorites or something) and 30 tubs of frosting. FOR THREE GINGERBREAD HOUSES...that equals 10 tubs of frosting and at least 10 pounds of candy per house. Are we building towns and not houses?? Oh yeah, and what about the lifetime supply of sprinkles and red and green sugar??

He said, 'this is going to be a blast,' with a huge twinkle in his eye; and what's funny is...I believe him!

Salina said...

This is one of the funniest blog posts I have ever read! I really laughed out loud.

That said, I want blueprints for the giant bubble machine. The engineer in me is dying to know how to make one for my kids!!