Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tough Day!

Today was a much more productive day than yesterday. (Although, rolling over in bed would have been more productive than the day I had yesterday) I have planned our office party for this Friday evening and had every intention of getting the door prizes purchased by Monday. Clearly, I was not fully functioning until today. Kayela went with me on our little shopping adventure and after two stores this is what she resorted to:



I swear kids can fall asleep so fast in the car! She was hysterical though this morning because she was so excited to go. I kept informing her that we would be shopping ...but not for her, and yet she was still thrilled about the whole fun of knowing we'd be shopping. I typically am smarter than to take kids with me shopping but I knew we'd only be out for an hour so I sucked it up and brought her along.


I stopped by the office first to get some checks and we of course socialized. Kayela did her rounds by peeking in every one's office windows until she was invited in. She made big promises too! She even told Shirley we'd buy her a pony and gave Sharon a long enough hug to last her not one day but two! I joked with everyone that I'd be back in an hour to pick her up....well, kind of joked! So, I think all that hype and socializing just zonked her because she was out before I even got out of Southlands.


Oh, and funny thing is she kept looking for Aaron because I told her we were running errands! I just can't seem to explain what "errands" is either so I'd say "no not Aarons... ERRANDS" but if you really think about it they pretty much sound the same and as I tried to give the definition of errands nothing came to me but "get. in. the. car!"

No comments: