Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Is a Mile THAT far?

OK, so it was our first delayed start of the school year and it was utter chaos at my house this morning! First of all, Josh had a meeting clear across town so he left a little before 6 a.m. That left me to get all kids ready and out the door, and I am thinking I just may not have succeeded very well considering what the rest of my day ended up being like.


I clearly started with our normal routine at the normal time even though I knew we had an extra hour to spare. Sounds like a good plan doesn't it? Well it left too much time for the kids to decide to be occupied with "shoveling" (you should see my driveway, I think they brought snow over from the neighbors sidewalks). Then they were wet and cold so they needed to change into different outfits and of course I that meant their hair bows didn't match....it just goes on and on! Needless to say we made it just about 5 min before the bell rang! phew!


Now, the rest of my day will confirm though, that I didn't make it with flying colors. I got a call from the nurse saying Graysie was complaining of an ear ache. (Could be why she was an absolute monster the whole time I was shoving kids on their way out of the door) Then I had a unnamed child who "forgot" his coat. Next, I received a call from Emma who forgot the lunch money check. Doesn't sound like any MAJOR problems until I was loading Kayela (who has the stomach flu mind you) up in the car 5 times. That meant boots on, hat on, gloves on, coat zipped up. Pick up the 40 lb sick 5 year old, load her in the car drive to school, get to school unload the 40 lb. 5 year old, wait in the cold for security to let me in school while holding the 40 lb. sick 5 year old, do what I need to do one handed while holding the 40 lb 5 year old, walk back to the car, load the 40 lb. 5 year old back up drive home, unzip the coat, pull off boots, take off hat and gloves and get the 5 year old all settled.....so....I can do it all again! FIVE TIMES!! It. Was.Not. A. Productive.Day.


The mile drive seemed like an eternity as I was hoping my sick 35 lb. (I am positive she lost weight today) 5 year old didn't end up "sick" again!

No comments: