Friday, October 16, 2009

Searching!!!
If I were to ever write a book I think the title would be Searching. It seems like in life (at leaste in mine) that I am always searching for something. Searching for shoes, searching for reasons, searching for emotions, searching for keys, searching for kids, searching for friends, searching for purpose, searching for acceptance, searching for an easy way, searching for money, searching for revenge, searching for an open mind, searching for understanding, searching for grace, searching for adventure, searching for time, searching for peace, searching for fun, searching for words, searching for memories....I really could go on and on about it, although right now what is important is that I am searching for a motive.

I really fell short on blogging regularly because I had gotten into this "facebook rut". I was honestly having so much fun seeing every one's lives being played out before me on the computer screen each and every minute of the day. Sometimes I was given the insight that maybe, just maybe someone had a tougher battle in life than I did. Sometimes I saw that some people never change! Sometimes I saw the raw truth. The best part of facebook, though is just recouping old friendships that had been pushed to the side for one reason or another.

One friendship in particular I was overjoyed to have reconnected with. You see, when I was just 8 years old this friendship started on the school playground with a secret, moved to a kiss, followed by a punch and onto an understanding of loyalty and pure commitment. This friendship lasted even through a two state move, where every break we visited and weekly letters were received with complete joy by both of us. Never was this a love affair although we are opposite sexes. When we lost touch 14 years ago because I was getting in the groove of married life and he was joining the military, I knew in my heart that someday we would pick up where we left off.

Back in August we did just that! I had been on facebook several months when I received his friend request. Obviously I accepted and called Josh talking 100 miles a minute so he too could share in this joy. Since August we've talked weekly by phone and facebooked or emailed several times daily. We shared stories of family and our twists and turns of life. Just so happens he lives in Texas were Josh is on business frequently so we talked of getting together for dinner sometime. About a month ago his life happened to be bringing him back to Colorado, so clearly I opened our home to he and his family. Dates were set, plane tickets were purchased and for the previous month all we've talked about was what we'd be doing on this long weekend visit.

Yesterday was the day of arrival, met with sheer anticipation and excitement on my part. Over the years and especially in the last couple of months the kids and Josh have heard childhood stories of this friendship and I was thrilled for them to put a name with the face and to finally meet the wife and daughter he talked so highly of. Funny thing is.....he never showed up! Yep, you read that right...HE NEVER SHOWED UP! I know why to!
(to be continued.....)

2 comments:

Jeanne O said...

START WRITING!!!!! So sad for you about your friend. You deserve so much better!

Nanette said...

OMG! Where is the rest of the story!!! That is so cruel! I just read this to Greg and he said "I'm not sure what is worse...him not showing up or Ambyr leaving us hanging!"