Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Treadmill
I just realized that it has been five weeks since I last blogged!! Even when I went to sign in to add a post, my computer had forgotten who I was. Good thing I was having a good moment and could remember who I was all by myself.

I am at this strange place in life at the moment, that everything I look at seems to be "unfinished". Basically, my life is like running on a treadmill. Ya know, I keep going and yet I really never get anywhere!

For starters, our adoption for Tait is moving along at a snails pace. Their are still no "guarantees" that we will be his forever family but we are so hopeful that it hurts. I have told Josh he may need to start a new career in Mexico and to be keeping an eye out for opportunities just in case we must run for the boarder! I'm not so sure hiding out with seven kids will be an easy task but I am very creative and our kids are so adaptable.

To top it off my kids are in some sort of a rut where I think they are playing a really cruel joke on me. I am almost sure that they got together one evening while I was out and decided to do something over, and over and they are testing how long it will be before I need to be admitted to the psychiatric hospital. Really, I can totally predict each and every day what I will be saying to each of my kids! It goes something like this:

"Mihya get your dog"
"Kaidon, did you brush your teeth?"
"Emma, get on your soccer stuff"
"Graysie, quit looking over your glasses, look through them"
"Mikael, why are you crying?"
"Kayela, you do not ALWAYS need to be talking"

I could put those few phrases on a recording and just hit "repeat" and it would be fitting at any given point of the day. It is crazy how all of a sudden everything I am saying seems to be on their short term memory section of their brains.

Oh, well, I'm just going to keep running on this crazy treadmill of life and hopefully at some point someone will pull the emergency stop for me so I can take a break. Unlike, real treadmills, I'm thankful that eventually I will get off and somehow realize I've made it somewhere!

No comments: