Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Wow, Mom You're tall!"

Yes, those were words spoken to me by Graysie on Saturday evening! Words, I have never thought I would hear! I know I sound caught-up lately with my height and I do want everyone to know I am OK...I have come to grips with this "vertically challenged" state of being. It just so happens that it's been coming up a lot lately!



On Saturday night Josh and I had the opportunity to attend a fundraiser. The attire was your best oriental attire or formal casual....WHATEVER that means! Well, I was tired of getting the same old "little black dress", I knew I wouldn't have very many occasions that call for oriental attire and it was going to be freezing so I went for a nice versatile pant outfit. It was bright orange though and I needed the perfect shoes to pull it off so we (yes, WE I had Josh and the six kids trailing after me...a sales mans worst nightmare let me tell you) headed off to find a pair. I ended up finding the perfect pair the only catch??? They just happen to be 6" heels. For most of you, you realize I have a hard time walking in 1" flip flops! After much debate I tried them on and I. LOVED.THEM. Josh's first response was "I've never had a tall wife" where I informed him "YOU STILL DON'T!" They are the most comfy shoes ever though. Seriously, I thought how in the world am I going to make it without falling? I even warned Josh "don't leave me alone I may fall and I don't want anyone picking me up off the floor but you" I did make it without falling and honestly they are easier to walk in than most shoes. The pants I bought needed to be hemmed.....that is until I found these shoes. I now need a pair in every color.



So, the kids were obviously enamored by how tall I was (6" made me 5'5" which now made me almost normal) but the funniest was Graysie. We stopped by our new house (yes, we found one...yeah...move in at the end of February and can't wait) and Josh mentioned the light fixture in the breakfast nook was crooked. I went over and messed with it a bit and straightened the thing out, all the while Graysie is just staring at me. Then the words she spoke were like music to my ears..."mom, you are so tall!" yes, I was! Even if I had a little help from my shoes.

No comments: