Friday, February 19, 2010

Foto Fridays
So, I've been doing my blog for quite some time now. Often, I get people emailing, facebooking, or posting here on my blog about wanting to see more pictures. I ran across a blog the other day that gave me the brilliant idea to do a post full of pictures one day a week. I am taking up this practice starting today! Every week I am going to do "foto Fridays" where I will be posting my favorite pictures I've taken during the week. It's going to be fun to share pieces of our new surroundings with all of you. I hope you enjoy this new addition to our blog.


Sweetgrass basket stands line hwy 17 here in South Carolina. My mom and I stopped and talked to two of the basket makers on Thursday. Wow, what an amazing craft that has been passed down through many generations.

My mom with her sweetgrass basket.

This is one of the nicer stands I am in front of. Many of them are just a few boards nailed together with tarps for shade and shelter. One lady told us they are going to widen the hwy. and this would give them no place to sell. The lively hoods of many will be destroyed if they do not come up with a plan. These little stands are as close as 5-10 ft away from each other all the way down a good stretch of hwy.

Although I don't quilt, my mom does and insisted we explore some local quilt shops. Luckily for me, this was the only one!

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Now there is something else to look forward to on Fridays besides the weekend!