Friday, March 12, 2010

Foto Friday #4
OK, So I know I promised that I would designate Fridays as a day with just pictures and little chat, but some things just have to be explained so you'll have to go with it. Here's my new hair:
I've had it about a week now and I'm really liking it. You'll see here and here why I wanted/needed new hair! I think it's a spunky, fun, classy, casual look if there ever were such a thing. It's a big change considering I had my last hairdo for a few years. Gasp, horror! I know, I know to some of you who change your hair like you change your under ware that is a huge sin, but for me I just can't risk a change that may inadvertently hinder my already microscopic self esteem, so when I find hair I like...it stays!!
This picture here makes me look like I am guilty. Its as if I'm saying "Hi, I'm Ambyr and I'm a recovering box color user! I was recovered for fifteen years when I relapsed recently and had to experience what my choices do to those I know and love including myself! It was so refreshing to finally get the nerve up and see a professional, and I think I'm back on track now and can really understand how to keep myself away from the things that may put me into a downward spiral." Just had to share that one, so josh knows that this will NEVER happen again..for at least another fifteen years or so.
This picture is how the stylist intended on my hair looking(or the best reproduction I could come up with). I just really can not pull this look off. I mean seriously, I have six kids, I need to be able to see out of both eyes! The kids would come to talk to me, "oh, honey mommy's sorry you're going to need to be on my left side remember? Mommy can't see out of her right eye!" This just wouldn't work for me. I guess my other option would be if they were coming up on the right I could turn my whole body entirely around every time they needed me "Ooops! Mommy's not in a swivel chair so you're going to need to come around on the left darling!". For the first few hours I even really tried to keep it across my eye like that and Josh kept reminding me "babe, she had it in front" but I just couldn't pull it off! Actually, when I see people who can pull it off I want to march across the room and put their hair behind their ears and say "there....all better!" because it irritates me. You know how they do it too, how they have to turn their heads all awkward in order to see. When I thought about that, I realized that I should just be good with it behind my ears!

So, again, I'm sorry I just can't post the awful breast fed baby poop color I had going on, but hopefully you'll forgive me since I posted my new do!

1 comment:

Nanette said...

The new hair is fabulous!!!!