Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Potty Talk
My life is consisting of "potty talk" these days. For some strange reason all of my children are thinking that everything they say needs to involve pooping, farting, burping, peeing,....whatever. I will be driving down the road and someone will laugh "haha! I farted!" and inevitably it's one of my sweet little princess girls who are talking like truckers. I will say "please, can you just say excuse me and leave it at that?". Of course being in a large family it never gets "left at that" and in the end everyone has to repeat not once, not twice, but sometimes even a handful of times what the first person said. I will chime in several times before absolutely losing my patience and breaking down into a mommy fit of rage and yell "NO ONE ELSE NEEDS TO REPEAT THE WORD FART!" and with that simple word the cycle starts again! "haha! mom said...." you get the picture right?

Now, it is our job as parents to control this type of outburst right? RIGHT! Although, for some strange reason the kids have converted Josh into the whole potty talk. For instance, last night their was an issue with the kids and so Kaidon was told to come inside and have a chat with Josh. Well Kaidon comes in, Josh gives him the perfect daddy talk about including others and making good choices and go have fun and be sure to be the best that we know he can be.....and...he ends with "oh, and bud, the next time you come talk to me don't leave a big stink bomb behind OK?". With that Kaidon cracks up and goes outside and says loud enough for any innocent bystander to hear "my dad just said 'don't leave another stink bomb behind' because I totally farted!". WHY?? WHY??? couldn't we just not mention it? Or tell him "hey, buddy do you need to say excuse me?" I guess it was much more fun to say "stink bomb".

Although, I am trying, I think it just may be a losing battle. So...if you can't beat 'em join 'em! enjoy the video from our potty talking house to you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey lets call the spade a spade
watching that video now you know why a say dropin one off! ...........Love your Well behaved Husband

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so proud.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

very interesting, thanks