Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Project
OK, so some of you are already familiar with my new project, but for those of you who are not I wanted to share.

When Josh and I adopted Graysie (May 9, 2002) we knew then that we wanted an open adoption. It's not that we thought it was the only way it could be done or that through experience or countless hours of research we found this was the best adoption plan. No, actually, the reality is that we were just not willing to look our child in the eyes and answer the "tough" questions we knew she would have someday. We weren't willing to be the ones to explain who's hands she had with an "I don't know!" as an answer. We really wanted to be able to pawn off all those adoption related issues to be perfectly honest with you, I mean seriously I wish I had that for all my kids!

After we got through our adoption (and the first tough months for all of us involved) we realized we had a great thing going. We realized that this gift we were given is one of the most precious things to us and our family. We realized that in return our gift to Amanda was that she could rest assured that her baby was loved and adored by many. On May 9Th 2002, we not only adopted Graysie but we adopted her birth mom, Amanda, as well. We have loved her fully through some ups in downs in all of our lives. We have looked at her like a younger sibling, not always agreeing with her choices, but completely loving her.

We knew right away just from talking to other adoptive parents and birth moms that although we weren't the only ones doing adoption this way, we definitely wanted to share our story. We've recently started a blog at: DearGraysie.com where we will be writing to Grayise, letters from each of our perspectives on our adoption journey. Although it's just getting started, what we have in the works will really be emotional and informative, real and raw truth. I'd love for all of you to join as followers and show your support (if not for me, for Amanda who is braving the emotions of it all, again.) and to pass it along to anyone you know is an adoptive mom, birth mom, adoptee, or just might like to get the inside scoop! Our dream was Oprah but since it's her last season and we haven't been called yet, I guess we are having to settle for our own personal blog!

Thanks for your support and I can't wait to see ya all there!

No comments: