Friday, March 26, 2010

Foto Friday #6

I once heard a comedian talk about women and their purses. She talked about how you can tell a lot from a person by their purse choices. I fell somewhere between the girl scout (always prepared) to the indecisive (always changing). I actually typically use a gallon sized Ziploc bag (give or take a gallon sized Ziploc bag) with all the things I could ever possibly maybe need if I got caught in a tsunami and was stranded under rubble for a month was out an about with six kids. I move this bag (or bags, if Josh ends up verifying the information) from purse to purse depending on my mood or the color of my outfit. Well, once Tait came and I was back to carrying a diaper bag I ended up moving my Ziploc bags to a backpack and leaving it in the car. Since then, I've been really bad at changing my purse out too and so I bought a purse that will pretty much go with everything. Well, I decided to clean that purse out and when I started to do it, after not doing it since we've moved......uhhhh...9 weeks ago I thought to myself "I'm sure the readers want to know what is in my purse" and even if you don't that's too bad, because that is what this foto Friday is all about!

The purse:
wallets...a necessity!
an envelope with a tuft of Taits hair from his first hair cut
hand sanitizer...can't ever be too clean
samples of shampoo.....you never know when you might need to stop at the gas station and do a cleansing treatment
receipts that I opted "to keep with me" instead of "in the bag"

a love note from my mister
a mysterious car lighter
a book I picked up yesterday for Josh...I'll be sure to let everyone know how THAT works out!
gum, gum, and more gum....that I didn't know I've had
chapstick in any flavor or brand you so chose
spare change roaming around the bottom of the purse
Easter cards to be mailed out for my nieces and nephews and of course for Tait
brochures of things we've done, are planning to do, or looked like we should do

a slew of bouncy balls...... because.....Josh wanted red! When I got the red one he was determined to get himself one.
the name says it all.....they're handy wipes
How in the world did all of this fit in there? I'm a professional!
Clearly, I haven't gotten to the chapter in this book(that was also in my purse) that tells you not to display the contents of your purse because frankly....PEOPLE DON'T CARE!!

warning: You should not try this at home. Side effects include but are not limited to: bad back, frustration from your husband when he's looking for something and you announce "it's in my purse" , kids who think you are the keeper of all of their things, strain on cashiers as you cannot find your wallet but you know "it's in here", stares and whispers when things are falling out of your purse as you search for your keys in a parking lot. All contents listed above are verifiably true to be taken from the inside of said purse.

1 comment:

pjaquez said...

The warning was particularly helpful. Thank you.